Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Illness & other issues...

God, what a horrible few days we have been having! Both kids were sick with high fevers so of course, that means none of us have gotten a decent night's sleep. I've been running on empty for about 2 weeks now as one of the girls was up every night with something... I long for a nice nap or decent night's sleep. Here's hoping it's coming soon!!

Aside from the sickness in my house, I've finally ventured back to the doctor for myself. You see, I hurt my neck and back a while back and just went to get the CT scan results. Turns out I have 4 bulging discs in my neck and another teamed with arthritis in my lower back. What does this mean ladies and gentlemen? Well, I'm going to be going for some serious (read steriod epidural!!) injections into my neck and back, as well as some physical therapy for the next few months. Fun, right?!? On top of that my doctor gently reminded me that I need to try and lose a few pounds. As if it were that easy...oh wow, *poof* there goes 10 right now! Seriously though, I have been trying but my life doesn't help. I used to not eat at all when I was upset and now I have the opposite issue. Sugar, particularly contained in chocolate is my best friend. It's always there to give me a nice warm feeling when I'm feeling crappy and all it asks in return is that I keep eating it!! It's been working for me a little too long and I realize it. I also know I can't diet on my own, so I'm going to drag my flabby butt down to Weight Watchers next week and see what they can do for me (Hi, my name is Kelly and I'm a fat beast!)...

Finally, it's M's birthday this Saturday. It's hard to believe my little baby (ok at 22 lbs, she's not that little!!) is going to be 1. What's even more incredible to me is that she's also my last baby. She's growing up way too fast for me to deal with that. I need to get a fix on that baby smell one more time before she turns into a stinky toddler...lol! For about half a second when I see a small infant, particularly boys, I dream about having another. And then reality hits and makes me realize how much more insane my life would be if we had 3 kids...especially close in age!! So I'm done with kids, at least for now...

Ok, off to get some things done around here.
-K

0 comments: