Monday, August 6, 2007

We made it...and then some...

Well, we did it...J and I went away for a weekend alone. Yup, no kids from Thursday - Monday. I brought them up to stay with the inlaws on Tuesday and came back to VA on Thursday. Yes, I did break down a few times on the way back home but I did not turn around the car. I limited the phone calls to twice a day...morning to check in and night to say goodnight. Once we got to VA Beach on Friday I was distracted enough by everything to not be so sad about it. The kids had a blast in NJ and we're hoping to be able to do it again soon.

As for our weekend it was by far one of the best vacations we have had. I wish we would have had an extra day, but all in all, it was just what we needed. We went down with friends of ours and had so much fun at the beach and hanging around, not to mention the wedding. That was a blast! (Of course the open bar and multiple margaritas definitely contributed to that!!) We even ended the weekend on a high note and went to dinner and a movie (Bourne Ultimatum...LOVED it!!).

So I will admit that everyone who told me to go was right. It was a nice break for the kids, for J and I, and for myself. And the kids don't despise me for leaving...although M did give me a hard time when I saw her, the little stinker! This will definitely become a yearly occurrance in our house!

1 comments:

Havalynn said...

I am so happy you guys had a good time. You deserve it!!:-)