Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Just call me Oscar...

Yup, as in the Grouch. I'm not sure what my deal is or what bug crawled up my butt, but I'm just a major grump these days. I can blame it on a lot of things: weather (I hate the cold), lack of sleep (yup, that's still happening), family drama...but truth be told, I'm not sure what really my problem is.

I don't like my mood and the feeling of anger, b*tch*ness, whatever that comes with it and I can't seem to shake it. I've tried reading, watching a show I like, and other "me" time activities, but it doesn't help. I've even tried forcing myself to seem happy but that just makes it worse. If I bury myself in any more chocolate I'll not only gain back the weight I have lost, but you'll likely see me on one of those Richard Simmons infomercials that come on at 3 am. Yes, I'll be the one of the left bawling about eating to help me feel better about my empty life...

The thing is, my life is far from empty. I have two beautiful daughters and a wonderful husband. We live in our own house and while it's not our dream home, it's ours. I have a lot of family that would do anything for me at a moment's notice, and some friends as well. You see, I have a lot to be happy about and I realize it. Still, I'm grumpy...

I'm hoping that going to NJ this coming weekend will help. I'll have more help with the kids, allegedly be able to get more sleep since J will be off work, and hopefully even be able to go out on a date with him. If that doesn't help with my mood, I don't know what will... So my question to all of you out there in internet land is...Am I the only one that feels this way? If not, what do you do to help get out of your funk??

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I find I am always grouchy at this time of year - I hate Jan. Feb. and March - especially in VA. I am pretty sure I suffer from some sort of Seasonal Affective Disorder because things always seem to perk up in the spring.

Hope things brighten up for you soon!