Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Catching Up with the Girls


As promised, here is my post dedicated solely to catching up on the girls' latest and greatest...

C:
- has hit the Jekyll/Hyde stage of childhood known as 4.5 years old. One day she is amazingly mature, patient, and wonderful to be around. The next she is a whiney, tattle tale that drives me insane. Anyone parent who has made it through this age deserves sainthood. I would just appreciate some pointers!!

- is almost 42 inches tall and 41 lbs. Officially big enough for a booster seat which she uses in my mother in law's car, but in my car she will remain in a 5 pt harness until high school. Just kidding...I think at least!

- is loving school. She now goes 5 days a week in the afternoons. Let me just tell you that this schedule fits her perfectly. She takes after both myself and J in that we don't move our butts in the morning. The afternoon schedule suits her well. She's made lots of friends and is thriving there. She's definitely tired afterwards so bedtime has been moved up, along with the shenanagins that accompany it.

- is reading!!! Yup, I said reading! A while ago I bought her a set of BOB books which we recently have been working through. She can already read the first 6 on her own with little prompting from me. It's been extremely exciting and making both her and me proud!

- has taken some great field trips with school. Here are a few pics from the pumpkin patch and the fire station! I'm really enjoying being able to go with her on these!


M:

- is sad that she doesn't get to go to school like C, but is loving Little Gym! We go Tuesday mornings and it's been great for her. She's always the first to go with the teacher instead of me, so I think she's almost ready for school! Don't think there will be much seperation anxiety here!

- is almost 37 inches tall and 31 lbs. She's officially wearing a lot of C's clothes from last year! I'm talking size 4 shirts here!! It's amazing how differently both girls are built. M's torso seems to be longer while C's legs are longer. It will be interesting to see how this impacts their growth later...

- loves sleeping in her new WALL-E bed! She's officially in a twin bed and loves it. We still have some sleep issues (ahem, and a paci ) but she loves her bed. Recently she seems to be trying to get rid of her nap which scares the beejesus out of me! Not sure how that's going to pan out but I'm hoping it's not done yet!!!!

- has for the most part adjusted well to the move. Yesterday was the first time she asked to go to "my house" because she wanted her pictures from her room. Needless to say, I'll be heading over to storage this weekend to get them!

- is talking a ridiculous amount and is funny! She loves telling "jokes" but she just says the funniest things. An example was we all went out to dinner with my cousins and their significant others, and they wanted to pay for us. J and I were protesting it, but they just said, "That's the way it will be so be ok with it!" to which C replied, "I'm ok with it!". We all started laughing and then M turned to us and said, "HA HA! What's so funny??". She also has been going around and doing the robot and saying "I am a robot!". She's just too funny!

Here are some recent pics of her from pumpkin picking:

I'll have some pictures up this weekend from pumpkin carving and Halloween. We're looking forward to it and hope you will to!!

0 comments: