Thursday, July 31, 2008

Making a list

Yup, making lists...that's what I'm doing right now. List for things I want to donate, list of things I want to sell, list of things that need to be done around the house... Lists for everything.

Some may say that I'm OCD when it comes to making lists, but truth is, it's the only way I can keep the panic monster at bay. I can't control what's happening right now in my life but I can control the lists I'm making. Make sense?? ;)

So I have a list of what I need to do in the next 36 hours while J is in NJ. He's there for a follow up interview and hopefully (crossing everything!) an offer on a job. While he's there, I'm trying to get some things done. My list, so far, is:

- Vaccum
- Do dishes
- Pack up toys for donation
- Continue going through clothes for donation
- Put stuff for donation in garage
- Clean our bedroom
- Clean kitchen counters
- Take out garbage

There are more things I can add to the list, but I think it's a tall order for me to get done alone as is. So where am I in my progress? Well...I'm working on procrastination! What, that's not on the list?? Oh...I'll get around to adding it later I'm sure.

Honestly as much as I should be doing these things, I can't motivate myself. I'm just drained and not wanting to deal with the mess in my house. So, any ideas on how to get my butt in gear?? Caffeine has already been hooked up to the IV and is flowing as we are talking... Anything else??

I swear I'll get some things done tonight while the girls are in bed. Really, pinkie swear. I'm even planning on rewarding myself by watching a movie if I get some things done. Hopefully that will help...

1 comments:

Melanie Sheridan said...

Hi! This is Melanie from Mel, A Dramatic Mommy. Congratulations on being one of my carnival winners! Please email me at ADramaticMommy [at] gmail [dot] com. Thank you!